Enjoy Free Shipping Across Europe on Orders Over €200! Shop Now

Shopping Cart


Your shopping bag is empty

Go to the shop
Altos de Rioja Viticultores y Bodegueros

Altos de Rioja Viticultores y Bodegueros is a boutique winery located in the heart of the best Rioja Alavesa terroir. Established in September 2006, it is the result of the friendship and collaboration among three winemakers with diverse backgrounds.


Jean Marc Sauboua, a winemaker from Bordeaux, brings his expertise from various countries including France, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, and Moldova.


Roberto San Ildefonso, who pioneered a successful winemaking project at Bodegas Sobreño in the D.O. Toro, began his journey in Rioja Alavesa in the early 1980s.


Bienvenido Muñoz, from a family with a rich winemaking heritage in the La Mancha region since 1940, continues and evolves the family's tradition.

Committed to environmental sustainability, Altos de Rioja carefully selects their grapes from old vines at high altitude in the villages of Laguardia, Elvillar, and Kripan.


The winery combines traditional methods and the latest technological advances in the vineyard and winemaking process to achieve a balance that showcases the richness of the terroir.


The entire range of wines is aged in 80% French oak from prestigious cooperages such as Taransaud, Saury, François Fréres, Segin Moreau, and Ana Seleccion, with the remaining 20% in American oak from Canton.

Altos de Rioja's dedication and expertise have earned them numerous accolades from both national and international critics.


With a team of experienced professionals with impeccable credentials in the world of Spanish wine, they strive to produce unique modern wines that reflect the essence of Rioja.


Our Top Recommendations:


Altos R Pigeage Graciano 2018 Red Wine

This captivating red wine from Rioja Alavesa boasts a deep cherry hue and emanates enticing aromas of ripe fruits, balsamic undertones, hints of eucalyptus, and a touch of zesty white pepper. Enjoy it at a temperature of 16-18ºC, pairing it with your preferred red meats for a truly remarkable experience.


Pigeage 2020 White Wine

Experience Pigeage 2020, the exquisite Rioja Viura white wine. Intense aromas, unctuous palate, and a perfect pairing for seafood, grilled fish, white meats, or cured cheeses.




Tags :

Related post